CMS Multi-Pathogen Testing Panel
With the requirement by CMS to test for and control opportunistic waterborne pathogens, Nancrede Engineering offers multi-pathogen testing panels. Recent advancements have made many tests for waterborne pathogens much faster, so you have more than one option for multi-pathogen testing that are suitable for health care, longterm care, and nursing facilities, as well as any facility that may be visited by an immunocompromised individual.
Areas that should be sampled to check for opportunistic waterborne pathogens include:
- Hot and cold water storage tanks
- Water heaters
- Shower heads and shower attachments
- Ice machines
- Medical devices including CPAPs, bronchoscopes, heating units, and cooler units
Try our free, online CDC Legionella risk assessment and learn about our full waterborne pathogens and Legionella risk assessment services and our rapid Legionella testing.
Options for testing include rapid quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR)-based waterborne pathogen detection. This can provide data onsite in approximately one hour. This pathogen testing panel can detect the following:
- Acinetobacter baumannii
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Escherichia coli (all)
- Escherichia coli (O157:H7)
- Helicobacter pylori
- Klebsiella (includes K. pneumoniae & KO)
- Legionella pneumophila (all)
- Legionella pneumophila SG1
- Mycobacterium avium
- Mycobacterium spp.
- Norovirus (all)
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Shigella spp. (includes S. sonnei)
- Salmonella enterica
A more traditional laboratory option for CMS bacterial pathogen profile testing is also available. This requires a longer turnaround time which may be suitable or needed depending on the pathogen and facility requirements:
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa TAT: 3-5 days
- Acinetobacter species TAT: 3-5 days
- NTM TAT: 6 weeks
- Fungal Water Culture with ID TAT: 5-7 days
- Burkholderia TAT: 3-5 days
- Stenotrophomonas TAT: 3-5 days
To learn more about which CMS pathogen tests are appropriate for your situation, contact Nancrede Engineering. As a truly independent engineering consulting firm, we can help you protect your organization in the most effective and cost-efficient way. Also learn about our free basic water testing.