Legionella Control Industrial Water Softener Systems
For support regarding any of our industrial water products and services, please contact a Nancrede Representative.
Hours: Monday thru Friday 8-5 EST
Tel: +1 888-569-2837
Contact us for a Quote
Tel: +1 888-569-2837
Patent Pending, Legionella Control Softener Systems Specially Engineered by Nancrede Engineering
Reduce chances Legionella and other harmful pathogens grow by eliminating stagnant water in offline softener tanks and minimizing dead legs with Nancrede Engineering Legionella control water softeners. Most commercial and industrial water softeners operate in alternating mode, having one softener tank online and the other softener tank, or tanks, offline, leaving a perfect breeding ground for Legionella and bacteria growth.
Legionella control softener systems from NECO are ideal for:
- Hospital Legionella Control
- Nursing Home Legionella Control
- Medical Building Legionella Control
- Hotel Legionella Control
- Apartment Building Legionella Control
- Surgery Centers & Healthcare Facilitie Legionella Control
- Correctional Facilitie Legionella Control
- University Legionella Control
- Large Government Building Legionella Control
Standard industrial water softener systems have the following disadvantages concerning Legionella Control:
- In a standard system, when the standby tank comes online, the bacterial levels are typically elevated increasing risks of legionella and other dangerous pathogens (disease-causing organism) growth.
- Additionally, in a standard system, water in the inlet and outlet piping of the standby tank has also been sitting stagnant for several hours to several days.
- Finally, the piping design in a standard system has not been optimized to minimize Legionella and pathogen growth.
The new NECO Legionella Control Softener System doesn’t have any of the above disadvantages because neither softener is ever offline. This new approach, paired with dead leg minimization piping design, results in the minimum potential for Legionella and bacterial growth.
Performance and High Salt & Water Efficiency:
Another advantage of the NECO Legionella Control Softener System is that because both water softeners are online all the time in series, better performance and higher efficiency can be reached. Lower brining rates can achieve similar water quality to that of higher brining rates with alternating softeners. Most industrial and commercial water softeners are regenerated at 15 pounds of salt per cubic foot of resin; this gives a higher quality of water than lower salting rates but is not as efficient. Using a lower brine rate per cubic foot but flowing in a worker polisher design can reduce upwards of 40% of salt consumption vs. higher brining rates while keeping hardness leakage minimized. The worker polisher design offers the following performance advantages in regard to hardness removal and efficiency:
- 30-40% less salt is used to achieve the same water quality.
- Less water is used in regeneration steps reducing water waste.
- Continuous hardness leakage is minimized.
- Endpoint leakage is lessened.
- Starting point hardness leakage is also minimized.
Since both softener tanks are online all the time when in service, if one tank fails to regenerate properly, the other tank would still soften the water with no lack of soft water at any time.
Should a high flow rate occur, the second softener can be pulled online regardless of which unit is in lead or lag (worker or polisher) position and when flows reduce back to normal levels, the system returns a lead-lag configuration. The system is bi-directional, meaning either softener tank can be in the lead or lag position.
View our industrial Legionella control systems, as well as our industrial Legionella control and management services.
For more information, engineering consulting or specialized sizing, contact us at 888-569-2837 or firstname.lastname@example.org.