Water Softener System for Legionella Control: The Legionella Dominator™
For support regarding any of our Legionella control water softeners or other industrial water products and services, please contact our friendly Nancrede team.
Hours: Monday thru Friday 8-5 EST
Tel: +1 888-569-2837
Contact us for a quote on your Legionella control water softener system:
Tel: +1 888-569-2837
Legionella Dominator™: Patent Pending, Legionella Control Water Softener Systems Designed by Nancrede Engineering
Reduce chances that Legionella and other harmful pathogens grow by eliminating stagnant water in offline water softener tanks and minimizing dead legs with Nancrede Engineering’s Legionella Dominator™ water softeners. Water softeners are critical to Legionella control and most water softeners operate in alternating mode, with one water softener tank online and the other water softener tank, or tanks, offline, leaving a perfect breeding ground for Legionella and bacteria growth. The Legionella Dominator™ water softener greatly reduces the three primary risks for Legionella growth in water: age, temperature, and low disinfectant levels.
Are you trying to understand the basics about your water? Contact us for free water testing.
The Legionella Dominator™ Legionella control water softener systems from Nancrede Engineering are ideal for:
- Hospital Legionella / Legionnaires Control
- Nursing Home Legionella / Legionnaires Control
- Medical Building Legionella / Legionnaires Control
- Hotel Legionella / Legionnaires Control
- Resort Legionella / Legionnaires Control
- Apartment Building Legionella / Legionnaires Control
- Surgery Centers & Healthcare Facilities Legionella / Legionnaires Control
- Correctional Facilities Legionella / Legionnaires Control
- University and School Legionella / Legionnaires Control
- Government Building Legionella / Legionnaires Control
Standard water softener systems have the following disadvantages concerning Legionella Control:
- In a standard water softener system, when the standby tank comes online, the bacterial levels are typically elevated increasing risks of legionella and other dangerous pathogens (disease-causing organism) growth.
- Additionally, in a standard water softener system, water in the inlet and outlet piping of the standby tank has also been sitting stagnant for several hours to several days.
- Finally, the piping design in a standard water softener system has not been optimized to minimize Legionella and pathogen growth.
The new Legionella Dominator™ Legionella control water softener system doesn’t have any of the above disadvantages because neither softener is ever offline. This new approach, paired with dead leg minimization piping design, results in the minimum potential for Legionella and bacterial growth.
Performance and High Salt & Water Efficiency:
Another advantage of the Legionella Dominator™ Legionella control softener system is that because both water softeners are online all the time in series, better performance and higher efficiency can be reached. Lower brining rates can achieve similar water quality to that of higher brining rates with alternating softeners. Most water softeners are regenerated at 15 pounds of salt per cubic foot of resin; this gives a higher quality of water than lower salting rates but is not as efficient. Using a lower brine rate per cubic foot but flowing in a worker polisher design can reduce upwards of 40% of salt consumption vs. higher brining rates while keeping hardness leakage minimized. The worker polisher design offers the following performance advantages in regard to hardness removal and efficiency:
- 30-40% less salt is used to achieve the same water quality.
- Less water is used in regeneration steps reducing water waste.
- Continuous hardness leakage is minimized.
- Endpoint leakage is lessened.
- Starting point hardness leakage is also minimized.
Since both softener tanks are online all the time when in service, if one tank fails to regenerate properly, the other tank would still soften the water with no lack of soft water at any time.
Should a high flow rate occur, the second softener can be pulled online regardless of which unit is in lead or lag (worker or polisher) position, and when flows reduce back to normal levels, the system returns a lead-lag configuration. The system is bi-directional, meaning either softener tank can be in the lead or lag position.
As a truly independent Legionella control provider, Nancrede Engineering has the unique ability to consider all Legionella remediation and Legionella mitigation strategies. Not all companies have this independence because they are heavily invested in one particular approach to Legionella control. You can trust Nancrede Engineering to recommend the best Legionella control approach for your particular situation.
View our industrial Legionella control systems, as well as our industrial Legionella control and management services.
For information about our general industrial water softeners, please visit our dedicated industrial water softeners site. For more information, engineering consulting or specialized sizing, contact us at 888-569-2837 or email@example.com.